[Xymon] No RRD file created

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Thu Feb 9 17:53:22 CET 2012

Running Xymon 4.2.3.

I've followed the instructions for creating a custom graph and double
checked everything several times. I've looked in the archives and, while
there are a few threads there on this, I was not able to find anything
helpful.

I have a script that is successfully doing a test on several hosts and
displays a page with output like:

Thu Feb 9 11:42:26 EST 2012

Percent of cpu time in wait state is OK

    cpuwait : 0

The test column is 'wait'.

I have in hobbitserver.cfg:

TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,dig=tcc
p,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,nmaii
lq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,files,procs=proo
cesses,ports,clock,lines,myconns=ncv,temp=ncv,diskstat-reads=ncv,diskstat-writess
=ncv,diskstat-kreads=ncv,diskstat-kwrites=ncv,diskstat-wait=ncv,diskstat-actv=ncc
v,diskstat-svct=ncv,diskstat-wsvc=ncv,diskstat-pw=ncv,diskstat-pb=ncv,diskstat-rr
rqm=ncv,diskstat-wrqm=ncv,diskstat-r=ncv,diskstat-w=ncv,diskstat-rsec=ncv,diskstt
at-wsec=ncv,diskstat-avgrq-sz=ncv,diskstat-avgqu-sz=ncv,diskstat-await=ncv,diskss
tat-svctm=ncv,diskstat-util=ncv,wait=ncv"

NCV_wait="cpuwait:GAUGE"

GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,files,processes,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,tcp.http,,
tcp,ncv,netstat,ifstat,mrtg::1,ports,temperature,ntpstat,apache,bind,sendmail,maa
ilq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,clock,lines,myconns,,
temp,diskstat-reads::7,diskstat-writes::7,diskstat-kreads::7,diskstat-kwrites::77
,diskstat-wait::7,diskstat-actv::7,diskstat-svct::7,diskstat-wsvc::7,diskstat-pww
::7,diskstat-pb::7,diskstat-rrqm::7,diskstat-wrqm::7,diskstat-r::7,diskstat-w::77
,diskstat-rsec::7,diskstat-wsec::7,diskstat-avgrq-sz::7,diskstat-avgqu-sz::7,diss
kstat-await::7,diskstat-svctm::7,diskstat-util::7,wait "

And I've stopped and restarted Xymon multiple times.

At this point the instructions say to make sure the wait.rrd file is being
created. But it isn't.

What am I missing?
Thanks,
Steve Holmes