[Xymon] Blog entry about Big Brother

Francois Claire fclaire at free.fr
Tue Feb 7 10:29:11 CET 2012

Hi Sean,

I've been starting working with BigBrother in 2001 and I followed up
with Hobbit/Xymon.

This software is unique in flexibility and monitoring and helped a lot
my daily job. What makes it so great about monitoring is its alarm
management feature: displaying only what goes wrong (or might go wrong
soon) and hiding what's running fine (because we don't care of what's
running fine).
I'm surprised to see other monitoring software still don't think
monitoring this way: they keep displaying nice graphs in beautiful
colors and important alarms are lost in flows of useless SNMP queries.
Those tools are at best "statistics gathering" tools and I found no one
reaching the level of BB/xymon.

You've been the one who got this smart idea of doing monitoring this
way, the one to implement it and make it available worldwide. Thank you
very very very much for that.

Good luck for the future and I'm confident you'll find your way. I hope
it'll cross Xymon's way....

Cheers,
Francois.