[Xymon] Blog entry about Big Brother

Bill Richardson wrichardson at llbean.com
Mon Feb 6 18:32:45 CET 2012

Sean,

Great to see you on the list! I have also been using Big Brother from the beginning added bbgen then migrated to Hobbit and now Xymon. Added Big Brother monitoring as a tool of choice to several past and present jobs that I have had over the years. I remember a time when your thoughts helped me push support for using Big Brother while I was in the Air Force (this was before Quest). Great times!   The Big Brother "Keep it Simple" approach has been well maintained in Xymon thanks to Hendrik and you for setting up a great foundation to grow on. Thank you!

Good luck in the future and hope to see you get involved with Xymon.

BTW your resume at http://root.sh is a hoot. It will make for a good cover letter :)

Bill