[Xymon] Blog entry about Big Brother

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Mon Feb 6 14:11:19 CET 2012

On Sun, February 5, 2012 22:46, Sean MacGuire wrote:
> Guys:
>
> I'm no longer with Quest, and for those who don't know me, I'm the guy
> that wrote the original Big Brother.
>
> If you were an old brother, you can see what happened in the blog entry
> here: http://blog.maclawran.ca/what-next
>
> And a great big thanks to Henrik for keeping the community going.
>
> Ironic - I may end up having to use *your* software :)
>
> Take care guys! -- Sean MacGuire

Great to hear from you, Sean.  I ran BB on hp-ux 7 back in the day and was
on the old list.  Thanks for a tool that let me spend time on architecture
and projects instead of "making rounds" of my servers every day. Henrik
has done a fantastic job of extending the functionality and making things
scalable, but BB was the swiss army knife of its day.

I hope you find interesting and lucrative work.  I suppose if things get
tight, you can always rustle a chicken.  ;)