[Xymon] Custom Server Rules for analysis.cfg

Thomas Hawkins cornmaster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 02:17:27 CET 2012

Thanks for the suggestion.  It didn't seem to work at all though.

I think I have messed with the file so much now I can't remember what sort
of worked and what didn't work at all.

I think I'm still stuck with the problem where only custom page declaration
gets picked up, and only one of the directives in the group, plus anything
in the specific host group.

So for this:
PAGE=DELTS2/LINUX
        PROC cron 1 -1 red "TEXT=crond : Task Scheduler"
        PROC ntpd 1 -1 yellow "TEXT=ntpd : Network Time Client"

PAGE=DELTS2/L-VM
        PROC vmware-guestd 1 -1 yellow "TEXT=VMWare Tools"

HOST=tee
        PROC mysqld 2 -1 red

tee reports only for cron and mysql.  If I comment out cron, then I get
ntpd and mysql.  If I move the vmware rule to the top of the list, I get
vmware and mysql proc checks.  So it seems that only one test for a page
specification gets reported on, and only the first one at the top of the
page.

At this point I should probably point out that I have 4.3.10 server, but
for the most part 4.2.3 (I think) clients on linux, and bbwin .12 or .13 on
windows.  However I don't think that will matter much.

Thomas