[Xymon] Xymon web interface missing?

Elliott Barrere Elliott.Barrere at mywedding.com
Thu Dec 20 18:14:41 CET 2012

You need to start Xymon so it creates bb.html and a soft link index.html

Ah, thanks Josh, so the Xymon process creates the index.html.

I did _try_ to start the service.  It said "Starting Xymon: Xymon started", but maybe something went wrong.

Looking in the logs, I see a few things that might be a problem, knowing now that Xymon creates the index file:

$ tail /var/log/xymon/xymongen.log
2012-12-20 08:55:30 ->  Recipient '<IP>', timeout 15
2012-12-20 08:55:30 ->  1st line: 'xymondboard fields=hostname,testname,color,flags,lastchange,logtime,validtime,acktime,disabletime,sender,cookie,line1,acklist'
2012-12-20 08:55:30 xymond status-board not available, code 7
2012-12-20 08:55:30 Failed to load current Xymon status, aborting page-update
2012-12-20 08:56:32 Whoops ! Failed to send message (timeout)

So it sounds like maybe I need to get some host checks working before it will create the web interface?

Any thoughts on why the IP of the server itself would timeout during checks?  I've verified that fping <IP> reports the host is alive, but beyond that I'm not sure where to look.  I've also just tried disabling the firewall and restarting Xymon, with no luck.

Thanks!

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343