[Xymon] Monitoring HTTPS sites

Jewel Makda jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Thu Dec 20 16:23:12 CET 2012

I am not able to determine where the SSL headers are on my system.  The
apt-file command doesn't work saying I need to install it yet when I try
it says the package doesn't exist. I have tried to run the ./configure
command using the following paths to point to where I think the ssl
headers are but I always get an error when I run make and make install.

Paths I have used in my ./configure command:
/etc/ssl
/usr/include/openssl
/usr/lib/ssl/misc
/usr/local
/usr/src
/usr/lib

The errors I am getting are:
undefined reference to 'SSLv2_client_method'
make[1]: *** [xymonnet] Error 1
make: *** [xymonnet-build] Error 2

I have to run the ./configure command with paths to the pcreinclude and
pcrelib or else it won't find them - same for the OpenSSL.

I am worried I might mess up my current setup since Xymon is working
well running on SSL.  It just not able to monitor other https sites.

Jewel