[Xymon] Unable to start xymon

Keith Ferguson keith at zenofon.com
Wed Dec 19 17:50:23 CET 2012

I have been adding hosts to a custom file bb-zenor for monitoring.

I noticed that when checking my ghost list it was displaying the
following error

Failed to retrieve ghostlist from server

I then did some research and read that restarting xymon would help but
when i try to restart it i get the following

2012-12-19 11:17:13 Setting up network listener on 0.0.0.0:1984
2012-12-19 11:17:13 Cannot bind to listen socket (Address already in use)
2012-12-19 11:17:13 Task xymond terminated, status 1

Also for the machines monitored if i try to click onto one of the links
i get the following error.

Cannot load host configuration

I checked and we are not using bb-proxy or any proxy's at all.

Any ideas on why this would be happening

--
Keith Ferguson
Cell:631*882*4409