[Xymon] Simple Network Tests not displaying

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Thu Dec 13 18:28:09 CET 2012

Thank you for your reply.

The root issue had everything to do with me not understanding how the
host.cfg file works.  Namely, when there is more that one host named in
the file.  In this case, my server is also a client.  I had the server
defined with its own tags at the top of the hosts file, these tags were
specific to what I wanted reported on the "server" page and didn't
include the network tests.  Further down in the hosts.cfg file, I had
the server again as a client.  I added the tags for those network
service tests in that location.  Since the host was already defined,
these tags were ignored.  To correct the issue, I put all of the tags I
needed with the original host declaration, added a "prefer" tag to it to
ensure it had priority and put an noconn tag with the second host to
ensure it didn't have priority.

Michael Beatty