[Xymon] Ignore pattern help

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Dec 12 04:57:47 CET 2012

Thanks David.

From: David Baldwin [mailto:david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:22 PM
To: Root, Paul
Cc: 'xymon >> xymon at xymon.com'
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Ignore pattern help

Paul,

I've just been picking up a few of these I had wrong too. I really should set up a syntax checker on my config files to alert me to these ...
I have this line in the analsys.cfg file:

        LOG /opt/netcool/omnibus/log/MNS_NFMS_GW.log Error: COLOR=red IGNORE="%Writer|Reader|SQL"

The correct form for IGNORE with quotes (or anything else - EXHOST, etc) is around the whole option - so:

"IGNORE=%Writer|Reader|SQL"

If you don't have any spaces you can dispense with the double quotes as someone suggested, but you're likely going to want to handle them some time...

David.

And when this line shows up:

12/11/12 06:37:07: Error: E-NGOBJSE-102-140: [ngobjserv]: ObjectServerA: No results have been returned in response to the cache details select SQL command. (0:No error)

We get paged.

I’ve changed the ignore pattern to “%Writer|%Reader|%SQL”. This is a new error, that isn’t an error for us.

Will that change work, or does anyone have a better pattern?

Thanks,
Paul.

--

David Baldwin - Senior Systems Administrator (Datacentres + Networks)

Information and Communication Technology Services

Australian Sports Commission          http://ausport.gov.au

Tel 02 62147830 Fax 02 62141830       PO Box 176 Belconnen ACT 2616

david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au<mailto:david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au>          Leverrier Street Bruce ACT 2617

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit www.ausport.gov.au<http://www.ausport.gov.au>

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.