[Xymon] problem with xymon

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Dec 5 15:42:03 CET 2012

Hosts.cfg is the proper file on the server to added clients to.  Now that will just give you ping (conn) test. You have to install the client software on the new client server for the rest of the tests (columns) to appear.

I don't know what you are asking in the second paragraph.  You edit to analysis.cfg file to define what you consider a yellow or red issue. Then you use alerts.cfg to define when xymon will email/page you about the problem.

From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Baroni-EXTERNAL Christophe
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:49 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] problem with xymon

Hi,

I try to install  xymon but when I add a new server  in the hosts.cfg  file the name of server and his ip address, this information don't appear in the xymon map.

Please what is the file that I must modified for have the good hour and a good day in the page with the different alert.

Best regards

christophe