[Xymon] Script launched but no column appears

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Fri Aug 31 10:06:31 CEST 2012

The column will appear when the Xymon server receives the data packet from the client and if it can match the client data packet to a configured client.

I would first check your ghost clients report to see if anything appears there, maybe the name of the client isn't matching the name you have configured in Xymon?
If nothing appears in your ghost client report or you are 100% sure that the client name is configured correctly in Xymon then check that the client packets are being received by Xymon; personally I use snoop to confirm that the data is being received because it's a tool I know lots about, I am sure there are better tools or Xymon log files that could be checked though, others will know better than I.

|\/|
--
Martin Ward
Manager, Technical Services

DDI:+44 (0) 20 7863 5218 / Fax: +44 (0)20 7863 9999 /  www.colt.net<http://www.colt.net/>
Colt Technology Services, Unit 12, Powergate Business Park, Volt Avenue, Park Royal, London, NW10 6PW, UK.

Help reduce your carbon footprint | Think before you print. Registered in England and Wales, registered number 02452736, VAT number GB 645 4205 50