[Xymon] OverSize status message and . . .

Joseph Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Thu Aug 2 14:46:37 CEST 2012

>>> Henrik Størner<henrik at hswn.dk> 08/02/12 2:12 AM >>>
On 02-08-2012 01:14, Joseph Acquisto wrote:
>> Recently moved to xymon 4.3.7 from hobbit 4.2
>>
> . . .
>> - While looking for clues, stumbled upon a oversize status message in
>> xymond.log.  It is oversize (!), but is being sent in the form (echo
"status
>> . . blah"; cat mymessage_file | blah formatting stuff |
>> /home/xymon/client/bin/xymon my_server_name "@"  --  Which someone on
this list
>> (Henrik ?) turned me on to a year or so ago.  Anyway . . .
>>
> . . .
>>

>> Have not gotten far on this, but a visual scan sees nothing missing
when
> comparing the status message sent to what is displayed on the web
page.
>The "oversize" message comes when the client tries to send a message
>that is larger than what we can transfer to the xymond_* modules
>processing the data. This is limited by the size of the memory pool
>shared between xymond and the xymond_* modules.
>
>You can increase it by setting the MAXMSG_STATUS value in
>xymonserver.cfg, the default is 256 KB - see the xymonserver.cfg
>man-page. Note that you'll have to restart Xymon on the server before
>this has any effect.
>
>Regards,
>Henrik

MAXMSG_STATUS  does not appear in my current xymonserver.cfg file.
I had read that, but not finding it, thought it a typo, etc.   I should
have
mentioned that, but. . .  Anyway, today is a new day .

I guess I will add that, somewhere in the file, with a larger value,
restart and check the logs.

joe a.