[Xymon] iostat - how?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Aug 1 22:29:11 CEST 2012

On 01-08-2012 22:26, John Horne wrote:
> I have been looking to see if we can get some 'iostat' data into Xymon.
> However, I see that the graphs.cfg and xymonserver.cfg files already
> seem to be ready for an 'iostat' test. I also see that the code has a
> 'xymond/rrd/do_iostat.c' module.
>
> However, I am not seeing any iostat graphs anywhere.

The iostat code in Xymon hasn't really been working well. The format of
the data coming in from the various iostat-implementations in the
operating systems have changed over time, and Xymon just hasn't kept up
with those changes.

It is something that needs to be looked at sometime ... for now, don't
assume that it is working.

Sorry :-(