[Xymon] Help installing rrd tool

Sridhar.Adapalli at hhsc.state.tx.us Sridhar.Adapalli at hhsc.state.tx.us
Thu Sep 29 17:37:51 CEST 2011

Hi
I am trying to install xymon on RHEL 4.9.  When I tried to install rrdtool, I got the following error: "No acceptable C compiler found in $PATH".  I do have path to gcc defined in the path.  Not sure how to get past this error.  Can someone help please?

Here is the output:

> sudo ./configure
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in `/opt/iam/install/rrdtool-1.4.5':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Thanks

-- Sridhar