[Xymon] Growl Notifications

Steve Anderson steve.anderson at bipsolutions.com
Thu Sep 29 11:52:15 CEST 2011

We've got some growl notifications happening, with Growl for Windows. Due to the way we have things configured on the firewall, the hobbit server can't talk directly to the host we're getting the growl notifications on. So we configured it as follows:

Growl for windows installed on internal machine (In our case, the one that drives our monitoring screens)
Myentunnel installed on the internal machine and configured to forward a remote port(23053) from the xymon server over to the internal machine. So the script attached just sends to localhost
Then on peoples personal machines, growl is subscribed to the central machine to get push updates.

Works pretty well. Depends on the Growl::GNTP perl module. Obviously, you'll need to update the password and the hobbithost, in the script.

Steve Anderson