[Xymon] Xymon Digest, Vol 8, Issue 20

pkc mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 26 14:06:38 CEST 2011

Le 26/09/2011 13:02, Yanni a écrit :

> Hi everyone

Hi Yanni,

> I am junior sysadmin at a college and after a few failed attempts I
> successfully installed Xymon. No errors appeared after running 'make'
> and 'make install'.
>
> At the moment I am trying to configure my web server(Apache/2.2.3 )
> (which is located on the same machine as xymon) and I am following the
> instructions on the "installing Xymon" link
> (http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/install.html) but I can not really
> understand what changes I have to make. It says on the link that I
> have to make the necessary additions to the apache configuration in
> ~/server/etc/xymon-apache.conf. What lines do I have to add/change and
> where can I find this file?
>
> As you can understand my apache knowledge is limited, I only installed
> it so I can run Xymon. Could someone please help me?

xymon-apache.conf is a file that contains all xymon directives (ie
aliases to xymon, cgis, etc);
if your http conf directory contains a httpd.conf.d, you can copy the
file to httpd.conf.d/xymon-apache.conf and restart apache.
you should be able to see the http://myserver/xymon/ page.

hope this helps.