[Xymon] Monitoring uncooperative toasters (Was: deadcat gone ?)

ulric at siag.nu ulric at siag.nu
Fri Sep 9 08:45:04 CEST 2011

 On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 09:30:49 +1000, Phil Crooker wrote:
> We have IBM SANs, the only way to monitor them is to run their
> storage
> management software on a separate system which then provides SNMP and
> email alerting. Nothing on the SANs themselves.

 Using the management software as a proxy to get the information would
 have been fine, but the response we got from Compellent/Dell was
 basically that it is impossible to do what we want and that they have no
 suggestions.

 Which is a shame because it is a nice SAN otherwise, but we can't rely
 on unmonitorable equipment.

 Ulric