[Xymon] Not able to add any hosts to xymon

Jewel Makda jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Thu Sep 8 18:30:26 CEST 2011

I finally got the web interface working on my server.  Now I am trying
to install BBWin on a Windows server and see it appear on my server.  I
did do a test and it can communicate with my hobbit server. I am adding
the IP and hostname to my hosts.cfg file on the server, restarting the
xymon.sh service and apache2 service and none of the changes I make to
the hosts.cfg is appearing.  I do have information in two locations when
I was struggling to install it under two different users.  Since I am
not sure which location to change I did edit both.

/home/xymon/server/etc/hosts.cfg
/home/xymonuser/server/etc/hosts.cfg