[Xymon] Unable to view xymon web pages

Jewel Makda jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Wed Sep 7 20:55:07 CEST 2011

I changed the first two lines in my apache2.conf file to:

Alias /xymon/  "/var/lib/hobbit/www/"
<Directory "/var/lib/hobbit/www/">

and now I can see the home page!  But when I click on anything I get:
/Forbidden "You don't have permission to access
/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh on this server"/

Here is what my apache2.conf file looks like now:

Alias /xymon/  "/home/xymonuser/server/www/"
<Directory "/home/xymonuser/server/www">
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes MultiViews
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /xymon-cgi/ "/home/xymonuser/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/home/xymonuser/cgi-bin">
     AllowOverride None
     Options ExecCGI Includes
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /xymon-seccgi/ "/home/xymonuser/cgi-secure/"
<Directory "/home/xymonuser/cgi-secure">
     AllowOverride None
     Options ExecCGI Includes
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all

Thanks so far so the quick and helpful response!

On 9/7/2011 1:44 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
> Looks like Xymon is running, so that's all good.
>
> Double check to see, in apache2.conf, this:
> Alias /xymon/  "/var/lib/hobbit/www/"
>
> Next do a
> file index.html #you should see index.html: symbolic link to `bb.html'
I am not sure what you mean here.