[Xymon] Unable to view xymon web pages

Jewel Makda jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Wed Sep 7 20:14:05 CEST 2011

I am trying to setup xymon on Ubuntu and for days now have not been able
to get it working.  I have followed the installation steps to a "T" and
have created a user called "xymonuser" for xymon.  I copied the
xymon-apache.conf file to my /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and when I start
the xymon.sh service as xymonuser I only see the "index/xymon" directory
when I go to http://localhost/xymom/
  Here are some of my one of my log files:

tail /var/log/xymon/xymonlaunch.log
     Cannot access checkpoint file /home/xymonuser/srver/tmp/xymond.chk
for restore
     Setting up network listener on 0.0.0.0:1984
     Cannot bind to listen socket (Address already in use)
     Task xymond terminated, status 1

There are errors at in my apache logs and when I start the xymon service
it starts successfully.

I have to say I am a newbie when it comes to linux and am still learning
how to use vi.

Jewel