[Xymon] Can Alerts Be Configured Based on Page-->Group?

FORD Alan Alan.FORD at stanwell.com
Mon Oct 31 23:58:16 CET 2011

Hi Stuart,
Yes that is one way you can do it.
Just got to work and looked up the man page for Xymon 4.3.5 and you can also alert on DISPLAYGROUP

## Extract

DISPLAYGROUP=groupstring Rule matching an alert by the text of the display-group (text following the group, group-only, group-except heading) in the hosts.cfg file. "groupstring" is the text for the group, stripped of any HTML tags. E.g. if you have this setup:

group Web
10.0.0.1 www1.foo.com
10.0.0.2 www2.foo.com
group Production databases
10.0.1.1 db1.foo.com

Then the hosts in the Web-group can be matched with DISPLAYGROUP=Web, and the database servers can be matched with DISPLAYGROUP="Production databases". Note that you can also use regular expressions, e.g. DISPLAYGROUP=%database. If there is no group-setting for the host, use "DISPLAYGROUP=NONE".