[Xymon] Cannot open directory from tasks.cfg

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Wed Oct 19 15:44:16 CEST 2011

Hi, Tracy !

I've use the tasks.d/ for the usual task.cfg (ex-hobbitlaunch.cfg)
with the additional directory-directive

http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html

directory directoryname
  This tag is used to include all files in the named directory. Files
are included in alphabetical order. If there are sub- directories, these
are recursively included also. The following files are ignored: Files that
begin with a dot, files that end with a tilde, RCS files that end with
",v", RPM package manager files ending in ".rpmsave" or ".rpmnew", DPKG
package manager files ending in ".dpkg-new" or ".dpkg-orig", and all
special files (devices, sockets, pipes etc).

This works for all (?) xymon-config-files ....

So you only needs to add yopur additional server-ext-tests in this
directory and they will be automaticly executed  ....

The advance is that you haven't  a big/very big task.cfg-file and it's
cleary arranged

cheers,
 	martin