[Xymon] How to setup msgs and file column ?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Oct 19 03:01:23 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:32 PM,  <Thomas.Weber at ses.com> wrote:
> Is taking out the "--local" enough in order to switch clients to centralized
> mode ?

I think so, but not sure.  The server needs to be running
"xymond_client" to process the data, so check for this in tasks.cfg
(in the [clientdata] section).

> The problem I have now is that in analysis.cfg  I have configured PROC and
> PORT, but the server column for these servers keep saying "No checks
> defined".

This is often caused by invalid PORT and PROC definitions in
analysis.cfg.  I would double-check these.  Not sure where parse
errors will show up, but I'm guessing it will be in clientdata.log.

Cheers
Jeremy