[Xymon] How to setup msgs and file column ?

Thomas.Weber at ses.com Thomas.Weber at ses.com
Tue Oct 18 14:32:32 CEST 2011

Hi Jeremy,

sorry for my late reply. you really helped me a lot.

I made some tests in the mean time and well, I modified some clients for
the centralized mode.
In fact all client installations that I have were configured/compiled with
local mode.
So, I took out the "--local" in the clientlaunch.cfg file, restarted the
client,  and configured the rest as you said in analysis.cfg on the
server.

Now I get the message files (at least those that were readable, but that
is another problem) on the WebPage.

Is taking out the "--local" enough in order to switch clients to
centralized mode ?

The problem I have now is that in analysis.cfg  I have configured PROC and
PORT, but the server column for these servers keep saying "No checks
defined".

Maybe you have also an idea for that.

Thomas F. Weber