[Xymon] nosslcert tag not doing what I thought it did

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Thu Oct 13 21:25:44 CEST 2011

Still running Xymon 4.2.3 so...

I have a need to do a content test on an https url on a dev server that has
self signed certificates. The customer just wants Xymon to get through to
the first page and check the content without having to mess with the
certificate. I thought putting nosslcert on that host would do the trick,
but I couldn't see that it changed anything on the resulting page.

nosslcert turned the sslcert icon purple, but it didn't change the behavior
of the content test.

We want to be able to skip the ssl warning and the need to click to proceed
to the page. Apparently curl, wget and nagios all have options to do this
(although I haven't actually tested that on nagios) so I'd be surprised if
Xymon doesn't.

Is there another way to do that?

Thanks,
Steve

--
If they give you ruled paper, write the other way. -Juan Ramon Jimenez,
poet, Nobel Prize in literature (1881-1958)

Truth never damages a cause that is just. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
(1869-1948)