[Xymon] How to setup SMS service?

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 06:09:43 CEST 2011

If you don't have hardware to send SMS yourself, look around at your local
Telcos and ISPs.
Many of these companies, for a small fee, offer an email to SMS service.
Here, we have a facility where we can use the unix mail system to send an
SMS via a local telco.
I then use something like
echo "$Message" | mailx ${myMobileNumber}@mytelco.com

Hope that helps.