[Xymon] Feature requests, combo.d, uptime alert, xymonserver.cfg syncing

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizon.com
Tue Nov 29 16:25:34 CET 2011

* combo.d directory for combo includes. Helps to organize.
* uptime configurable to be a red alert. Quite often a machine can reboot quickly and we can be unaware for some time, we would like to be alerted so we can restart all application processes ASAP to minimize downtime.

>From xymond_client.c:

    if (cpucolor == COL_GREEN) cpucolor = COL_YELLOW;
    addtobuffer(upmsg, "&yellow Machine recently rebooted\n");

* TEST2RDD and GRAPHS variables moved to another file, perhaps an include for xymonserver.cfg? Why do I ask because we have dual Xymon servers running for redundancy and it would be nice if I could easily rsync these 2 variables in a file that does not have host specific variables.  Currently I cannot rsync xymonserver.cfg because of the XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME, XYMONSERVERIP, XYMONSERVERWWWNAME variables.

For the last one I am probably going to copy xymonserver.cfg to the second server and diff the files for anything but the 3 variables above and to send an alert to remind the person who made the GRAPHS and TEST2RDD changes to update the other server.

As always thanks for the great work!

~David Gore