[Xymon] Install Xymon 4.2.2 on Solaris 10 Sparc

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Fri Nov 18 13:12:23 CET 2011

Hi Sailesh,

That's good work, I am sure it will help others to get started.

I don't actually monitor Oracle databases, others will have better ideas, but to get you started I would suggest monitoring them from the client host that has the Oracle DB process on it rather than accessing the Oracle DB across the network. This benefits you because it reduces the amount of network traffic flowing around and speeds up and response to queries.
Have the client perform you DB checks and report the back to the Xymon server.

|\/|artin