[Xymon] compilation error of xymon on solaris 10 sparc

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Mon Nov 14 16:12:09 CET 2011

The modules it is complaining about exist in the libsocket and libnsl libraries. They are listed in the NETLIBS variable below so I would check the line that compiles the sendmsg.o module or the one that includes sendmsg.o as one of its compiled-in objects. You need to ensure that the NETLIBS variable is specified and that it is listed before the sendmsg.o module is listed.

The order that you list object files and libraries is important. If an object file a.o calls a module in object file b.o then a.o must be listed first in the compilation line, as in:
$ gcc c.c a.o b.o

This also applies for lilbraries.

|\/|