[Xymon] Kiosk mode?

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:47:13 CEST 2011

I'm not sure what the actual steps are to hand-build a kiosk machine, but I
do know that OpenSuSE 11.4 comes with a build system called Kiwi that can
make a kiosk ISO for you:

    http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KIWI_Cookbook_Kiosk_System

I tried it one time, just for grins.  It'll build you a LiveCD, usb stick
and kvm/xen/vmware disk images.  IIRC, the kiosk performs an autologin, and
starts Firefox in fullscreen mode with no access to the window manager.

Ralph Mitchell