[Xymon] Elegant way to run an aggregate ext test over multiple clients?

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed May 18 03:56:22 CEST 2011

That's probably how I would do it.
I have done something similar to this before, but I no longer have
access to the code.

You need to get all the values together in one script, and grabbing
the web page is a pretty quick and easy way to do so.
A command you may find useful, is this
It will strip most HTML tags, making parsing a lot easier.
However, if Q is being graphed, it will already be on a line by
itself, so you may be able to simply
grep "^Q=[1-9][0-9]*$"
or
grep "^Q:[1-9][0-9]*$"
Depending on how your scripts send the data.

Hope it works..
    Vernon