[Xymon] bb: Argument list too large long

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Mon May 2 02:02:51 CEST 2011

This is a problem with the shell - effectively that file becomes a
parameter of the bb command and is thus too big for sh or bash to
handle.

I'm fairly new to xymon so I haven't done it myself, if you were
running xymon you might be able to define "somefile" as a log file and
use the xymon client to move it to the server. As you probably aren't,
you could send a URL of "somefile" as part of the message so the viewer
could click on it to access the file (via a web server). To do this
you'd need to copy somefile to a web server as well...

hope that helps.

<BANLkTikybexniKWZtQi71iuDtXnTAHyQpw at mail.gmail.com>, Joe Acquisto