[Xymon] Comment on Flapping

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed Mar 30 19:21:58 CEST 2011

Excuse top-posting, it's my hardware.

Disabling "Until OK" would disable only until the next green state.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Mar 30, 2011 12:53, Elizabeth Schwartz <betsy.schwartz at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Ralph Mitchell

<ralphmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Elizabeth Schwartz

> I don't know much about flapping, but what happens if you manually send a

> 'green' status for the flapping service?

> On the Xymon server:

>      bb localhost "status server,domain,com.column green `date`

I will try this the next time we get a flap, thanks! That would be a

good seekrit

> Did you try going to the Enable/Disable page and disabling the red things

> with "Until OK" selected??  That would make the red dot go away until after

We don't want to disable them, because what if they go down again? Not

unlikely with a previously flapping service.

Can't have a half-hour window with no monitoring of vital services

thanks Betsy

Xymon at xymon.com