[Xymon] Comment on Flapping

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:52:53 CEST 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Ralph Mitchell
<ralphmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Elizabeth Schwartz
> I don't know much about flapping, but what happens if you manually send a
> 'green' status for the flapping service?
> On the Xymon server:
>      bb localhost "status server,domain,com.column green `date`

I will try this the next time we get a flap, thanks! That would be a
good seekrit

> Did you try going to the Enable/Disable page and disabling the red things
> with "Until OK" selected??  That would make the red dot go away until after

We don't want to disable them, because what if they go down again? Not
unlikely with a previously flapping service.
Can't have a half-hour window with no monitoring of vital services

thanks Betsy