[Xymon] Hobbit Permission Problem

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Tue Mar 29 07:26:44 CEST 2011

On 29/03/11 4:16 PM, Adam Goryachev wrote:
> On 29/03/2011 3:59 PM, FORD Alan wrote:
>>
>> Not sure what Linux you are running, but have you looked SELinux This
>> could be causing you your access issues.
>>

>> Check this link out on ways to turn it off to see if it is the culprit.
>>

>> http://www.crypt.gen.nz/selinux/disable_selinux.html
>>

> The machine has a /selinux directory, but no files inside, running
> echo 0 > /selinux/enforce has no effect (other than creating the file)...
>
> I don't have any selinux commands like setenforce or similar
>
> As I said, I'm using Debian Lenny, AKAIK, this doesn't enable selinux
> by default, and I don't think it is running.
>
> Is there any other way to see what is happening or why? This was one
> of the things I initially thought it might be, but I'm not sure how to
> proceed since it doesn't appear to be running/active...

What do you get when you do:

# su - hobbit
$ id -a
$ strace head -1 /var/log/messages
$ ltrace head -1 /var/log/messages

Thanks, David.

--
David Baldwin - IT Unit
Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.