[Xymon] snmp polling with xymon.

KING, KEVIN (ATTSI) KK1051 at att.com
Fri Mar 25 20:26:53 CET 2011

Please bear with me folk as I can only search the archives while at
home. (Cannot get to them from work)

I read that hobbit/xymon will poll snmp clients and that it done with
the snmphosts.cfg & snmpmibs.cfg.

Ok My 4.3.0 xymon had the snmpmibs.cfg file. I created the snmp hosts
got what I think I wanted in there to test. And that is it. I researched
some more looking at the config and build files. I see the test for snmp
is not setup and the test for $SNMP is set to 1 with nothing to change
it. So I take this as snmp polling by xymon native is not supported. Is
this correct?  I see a app called devmon is available for the task I
need.

I would rather user a native polling from xymon if that is coming. But I
could not find the answers searching last night.

So what say you?

Kevin H. King
Engineer V Implementations
AT&T
404-444-0410
"You can not please everyone everyday, But everyday please everyone you
can" -me