[Xymon] New spec file (beta test request) (was RE: Xymon 4.3.0 - Build RPMs)

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Mar 24 11:50:32 CET 2011

> Thanks for the bug reports. It appears as though recent versions of
> Fedora have a stricter macro in use when applying %patch'es. Looks
> like some of those patches were succeeding only due to relaxed
> fuzziness factors.
>
> Anyway, I've got a new SRPM rebuilding cleanly on clean F14 boxes. Can
> you try it and let me know if you've got any add'l problems?
>
> http://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon-4.3.0-0.958.src.rpm
>
> I've also posted the .spec file and the two init.d scripts (one for
> client, one for server) in that directory if anyone else would like to
> comment!

Can we please move discussion of this topic to the development list, until the necessary decisions have been taken.

Proliferation of more diverging packages is not going to make life easier.

(Yes, I know you have some patches outstanding in the tracker as well, I have them open but have been quite busy in the past few weeks ...)

Regards,
Buchan