[Xymon] status logs

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 15 22:22:28 CET 2011

Den 15-03-2011 21:39, Mark Jones skrev:
> I recently changed from the old BB software to Xymon and love it……
>
> I am trying to do some customization and I can’t find where the status
> logs are stored. Can someone point me in the right direction?

They are stored in the memory of the xymond process, not on disk (unless
you enable the xymond_filestore backwards compatibility module, which I
do not recommend since it kills performance of your Xymon server.

There are better ways of getting at the status-log data. If you could
describe what it is You're trying to do, we'll be better able to point
you in the right direction.

PS: I wrote a description of the Xymon architecture back in 2006, but it
hasn't changed much since. Have a look at
http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2006-November/010688.html if you want to
know why Xymon doesn't store statuslogs on disk.