[Xymon] Custom Graphs using SPLITNCV -- '/' character conversion issue in variable names

Sorin CONSTANTINESCU consta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 19:45:12 CET 2011

Hi guys,

I'm using Xymon 4.3.0-0.20110123.rc1 and I recently added a custom
graph which is drawing the inode usage on all mounted partitions,
grabbing the data from the output of "df -i" command.

All goes well, I get the graph drawn, as I send the data in this format:

--- cut here ---
/:10
/tmp:1
--- and here ---

The following RRD files are created:
- inodes,.rrd
- inodes,_tmp.rrd

The GPRINT shows the following strings on the graph:
- /
- /_tmp

I know that all the non-word and digit characters are stripped from
the NAMES, but the problem is that it doesn't put them back while
displayed on the .PNG image.

The trick I did was to strip the leading '/' from all the partitions
except for /. This works fine for partitions mounted directly under /,
but if you mount it deeper, you get back to the same problem:

NAME: a/b/c gets translated to /a_b_c

Does anyone know to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

//Sorin