[Xymon] combostatus?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 4 16:22:09 CET 2011

Den 04-03-2011 15:48, Gore, David W skrev:
>  From the man page for combo.cfg:
>
>         A  simple  test  - e.g. "Web1.http" - results in the value "1" if
> the http" test for server
>         "Web1" is green, yellow or clear. It yields the value "0" if it
> is red, purple or blue.
>
> Can someone explain the thinking behind that for me?

I can try ...

> yellow alerts do not cause the combo test to go red.

The rationale for not causing a combo-test to alert on yellow,
is because it would be an escalation of the status (one yellow
status would trigger a combo to go red = more serious than yellow).

 > Disabling (blue-ing) a test causes the combo test to go to red.

That one I cannot explain. It doesn't seem right.

> assuming I cannot change the colors from a config file?

It's currently hard-coded which colors trigger a red combo-status and
which ones do not.

If you do want to try out some changes, then look at the
"xymond/combostatus.c" file (in 4.3.0). Line 270 or so has

    if (*color == -1) return -1;
    else return ( (*color == COL_GREEN) ||
                  (*color == COL_YELLOW) ||
                  (*color == COL_CLEAR) );

Adding a test for COL_BLUE there should make it behave a bit more sane.