[Xymon] Newbie badhttp questions

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Mar 2 23:05:05 CET 2011

1) Guessing it would be one per host based on my reading

2) badhttp:1:2:4

defines a http test that goes "clear" after the first failure,
"yellow" after two successive failures, and "red" after four
successive failures.

3) Yes.  Set the test you want to only respond on red condition after say 10
minutes of being down.

HOST=%.*\.imaginenetworksllc\.com
  MAIL josh at imaginenetworksllc.com COLOR=RED DURATION>10m REPEAT=60
RECOVERED

4) Depends on your web server.  If it does a correct http 303 and your test
considers that green, you're good.  I know the APC 9616 to 9619 cards did
NOT answer an acceptable answer (according to Xymon) without the
/something.ext

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343