[Xymon] Who has an example of monitoring LDAP

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Thu Jun 30 12:19:23 CEST 2011

Others have come up with good suggestions that depend on what you are running.

We have a cluster of LDAP servers that replicate across each other so we ended up creating our own script that writes a known value in to the root server (date/time for example), waits 30 seconds and then reads the value from all the consumers. If the values match then it's all working fine. It's simple but it tests the LDAP system thoroughly.

|\/|