[Xymon] Showing alerts for rules with GROUP tag on the info page

Lee, Raymond Raymond.Lee at qwest.com
Fri Jun 17 22:19:53 CEST 2011

One of the features that I like about Xymon is being able to click on the "info" column for a host to see all the logistics of who gets alerted for which tests.  However, if you've got rules tagged with something like this in analysis.cfg:

          HOST=jdoeserver
               DISK /usr 85 90 GROUP=pagejdoe

and then add an entry to alerts.cfg that looks something like this:

          GROUP=pagejdoe COLOR=red
               MAIL jdoe at company.com

then the info page doesn't show the alerting that goes to jdoe at company.com (even though the mail does go out).  So the functionality of GROUP tagging works fine, but the presentation of it on the info page is lacking.  Is there a patch or workaround to achieve what I'm asking for?

Thanks,
Ray