[Xymon] disabling all alerts from xymon

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Tue Jun 14 15:58:52 CEST 2011

On 06/06/2011 10:39 AM, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> I was wondering if the method for disabling all alerts from Xymon has
> changed.  The method we are using is as follows:
>
> In tasks.cfg, we add a DISABLE tag to the "Alert" module, like so:
>
> [alert]
> 	DISABLE
> 	ENVFILE /path.....
>
> However, last night members of our team did overnight maintenance and
> reported that this did not work as expected.  We used this method many
> times in the past, but I don't think we've tested it on Xymon 4.3.3.
> Should this still work?  Do we need to restart xymon?  Is there another
> config that needs to change?

They tried to make use of this again last night.  In the example above,
I used DISABLE instead of DISABLED.  DISABLED is the right keyword.

However, it seems like xymon needs to be restarted for this to take
effect.  Can someone else confirm this?

We really need an easy and fast way to disable alerts coming from our
server, and this used to be the best option.

Tom