[Xymon] FW: Feature request/suggestions welcome - tracking ACK's

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 19:47:24 CEST 2011

Not everybody has webmin.  I know I don't.

Attached is a quick and dirty attempt at a temporary solution.  It can be
kicked off from tasks.cfg:

[xymon_ack.sh]
ENVFILE /home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
NEEDS xymond
CMD /home/xymon/server/ext/xymon_ack.sh
LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymon_ack.log
INTERVAL 1m

It uses tclsh to convert the epoch time to something more readable.  That
could use a bit more work...  :)   The ack messages are added to the hosts
notes file so you can click through the name to get to it.  If you already
use the notes files for something else, like actual system notes, just put
the acks somewhere else and link to it from the notes file.

Ralph Mitchell