[Xymon] GROUP and combo testing and alerting

shea4th at comcast.net shea4th at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 18:23:58 CEST 2011

Hi all,

In April i had asked about multiple procs to one GROUP

Can you have multiple procs associated to one GROUP?

http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2011-April/031278.html

Can that same GROUP be used in a combo test?  It doesn't look like it's possible but I'm tossing it out there anyway.

Basically 4 Windows servers running software specific to logfile monitoring with 1 of them always in standby mode.

One group needs to know when the processes for their application switches and doesn't care for the processes the

systems group looks for and vice-versa.  Being a regular joe, I don't have access to these servers to write a local test,

so that's out.  I'm using BBWin_0.12 in central mode.

Thanks

Greg Shea

EMC Corporation