[Xymon] Configuring Devmon for the first time

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Jun 1 15:35:24 CEST 2011

On Tuesday, 31 May 2011 03:24:05 kconnell at ryerson.ca wrote:
> I've had issues with devmon not updating the bb-display and everything
> going purple. I've had this issue since day one (which is over two years
> now).
>
> I created a "devmon watchdog" script that's runs every 5 min using lynx
> (txt base html browser) which checks if the status of devmon (shows as dm
> test) on bb-monitor. If its purple then I kill the devmon process and
> start it up again....band-aid solution, but it does the trick.
>
> I no script expert, but can share the bash script if you want/need.

I have made a lot of changes to the version in svn, and they have resolved the
majority of the problems I have had with devmon. There has been one additional
problem in one environment, but I can't pinpoint it as a bug in devmon (it
looks like a bug in perl).

However, though I have asked on the devmon mailing list for others to test, I
have had *no* other feedback on the changes made since January.

I am reluctant to release it as 0.3.1 final without any other feedback.

Regards,
Buchan