[Xymon] Issue with the hardware monitoring.

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Mon Jul 4 01:28:53 CEST 2011

Srinivas,
> Thanks lot for your valuable information.
>
> And can you please help me to understand, how did you identified the root MIB?

Depending on what software you are using:

$ snmpwalk <host> enterprises

(enterprises = .1.3.6.1.4.1)
generally shows you what proprietary MIBs are being used.
You need the MIB definition files (these can be a hassle to track down,
but a google search on numeric OID strings often finds stuff in public
archives) and all dependencies resolved to get the translation from raw
numeric OIDs and data however. That can be a fiddle to get set up
properly if you've never tackled it before.

David.

--
David Baldwin - IT Unit
Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.