Linux client broken output

Giel Boes giel.boes at rhodix.nl
Wed Jan 26 14:17:14 CET 2011

Dear,

We are running Xymon on a Sun Fire v100 with Solaris 10 installed. On several Oracle systems with Oracle VM (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)) with 64 bit we are running Hobbit clients (FC5-hobbit-client-4.2.0-1.i386.rpm). The hobbit clients are 32 bit because those are the only wants we could find.

Problem: sometimes several tests like procs/disk/cpu is giving weird values in the monitoring which makes Xymon red. However, everything is fine and after restarting the client or after next update (5 minutes default), Xymon becomes green again.

Data size should not be the reason as I can see all the client data clear including a complete process list. It's just broken on the output page at the procs test.

Do you have any clue what could be the reason for this?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Giel Boes
Rhodix System Manager